- Last Updated: August 28, 2021
The Liability Waiver and Release Agreement (the " Liability Waiver ") applies to all group hikes organized by anyone associated with the Skagit Audubon Society
(" SAS "), including all small-group wilderness hikes and all independent hikes, regardless of location or participation by other SAS hikers, for which you seek SAS mileage credit, and any shared car ride or carpooling associated with any such hike (each, an " SAS Hike "). YOU MUST SIGN THIS LIABILITY WAIVER BEFORE BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN AN SAS HIKE.
I wish to participate in SAS Hikes. I am aware that hiking can be dangerous, even deadly, and I voluntarily assume all risks involved in this activity.
I acknowledge and agree that I, alone, am responsible:
1) For my own safety and well-being during any SAS Hike and am not relying on any representative of SAS, its officers, directors or volunteers, or any hike leader or carpool coordinator (each, an " SAS Person ") to protect me during a hike or the transportation to or from a trailhead.
2) For making decisions regarding the safety and prudence of any SAS Hike, including but not limited to the condition of the trail, any water crossings, bridges, snow fields, overlooks, vegetation, rough, steep or slippery terrain, or events constituting forces of nature, and affirmatively state that I am not relying on any representation by any SAS Person about those conditions.
3) For choosing to hike in locations in which I may encounter wild animals, poisonous snakes or harmful insects, or in which I may become ill or injured far from medical care, and I accept those risks and agree that SAS Persons have no responsibility to protect me from such encounters and are not responsible for providing me with medical aid or transporting me to medical care.
4) For determining whether I am capable and sufficiently fit to complete any SAS Hike and accept full responsibility for any accident or medical event I may have during or in connection with any SAS Hike, regardless of whether the event was foreseeable or the severity of the medical consequences, up to and including my death.
I AGREE THAT SAS AND ALL SAS PERSONS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SAFETY OF ANY SAS HIKE, OR THE TRANSPORTATION TO OR FROM AN SAS HIKE, OR THE APPROPRIATENESS OF THAT SAS HIKE FOR ME. IN CONSIDERATION FOR PERMITTING ME TO PARTICIPATE IN SAS HIKES, I, FOR MYSELF AND MY FAMILY, ESTATE, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS, HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIM
OF LIABILITY OR DAMAGES AGAINST THE SKAGIT AUDUBON SOCIETY OR ANY SAS PERSON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIM FOR DEATH, PERMANENT INCAPACITY, BODILY INJURY, HARM, ACCIDENT, ADVERSE
MEDICAL EVENT, ILLNESS, DISEASE, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ANY LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES OR OTHER
LIABILITIES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES) (COLLECTIVELY, "CLAIMS"), WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF SUCH CLAIMS RESULTED FROM NEGLIGENCE (OTHER THAN
GROSS NEGLIGENCE), AFFECTING MYSELF OR ANY OTHER PERSON, RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN AN SAS HIKE, INCLUDING TRANSPORTATION TO OR FROM AN SAS HIKE, AND HEREBY
FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SKAGIT AUDUBON SOCIETY AND ALL SAS PERSONS FROM ANY SUCH CLAIMS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE ABOVE, I AGREE NOT TO SUE SAS OR ANY SAS PERSON FOR ANY SUCH
CLAIMS, TO WAIVE ANY CLAIMS I MAY HAVE AT ANY TIME AGAINST SAS OR AN SAS PERSON AND TO HOLD SAS HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM MY ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS DURING AN SAS HIKE.
This Liability Waiver shall remain in full force and effect for all SAS Hikes until I deliver a written notice of revocation to the President or Secretary of the Skagit Audubon Society, after which I will no longer be permitted to participate in any SAS Hike
I HAVE READ THIS LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT, I UNDERSTAND IT AND I AGREE OF MY OWN FREE WILL THAT IT WILL BE CONTRACTUALLY BINDING ON ME.
YOUR NAME -- PLEASE PRINT
YOUR HOME ADDRESS (PLEASE PRINT)
EMERGENCY CONTACT (OPTIONAL)